Gene Belcher - Feminist
Gene Belcher - Feminist
Reasons why October is the best month:
- Cold but dry weather
- Everything is pretty colours
- Pumpkin pie
- Pumpkin coffee
- Everything being made to look spooky
- Horror movies on TV all the time
- Jumper weather
- Dressing up as scary things
- Hot drinks
- Lots of sweets
The smell of dying leaves
If u don’t like October get the FUCK outta my house
Sound advice. I should know.
How I spend my summer.
I want to see how much money WB is losing out on by being lukewarm about this
I would watch the shit out of a Wonder Woman movie
Osteal Jewelry Presents :
✧ The Small Strange July Giveaway ✧
A big thank you to all those who follow, re-blog and comment on our little blog. Thank you for helping us be a success!
This giveaway is small, but it has a lot of personality.
for more items with amazing personality visit Osteal’s Etsy shop : www.osteal.etsy.com
✧ What you will receive: ✧
- Mourning Locket (locket made with real human hair, inspired by Victorian Mourning Jewelry)
- three deer teeth
- deer bone fossil shard
- hawthorne thorns
- vintage bison bone
- a pair of real glasses from the 1920’s
- metal medallion
- Earrings * the last prize is your choice : Choose earrings for standard piercings or Large gauge. You will receive two sets of earrings - one of the style shown and a second surprise pair
- plus more prizes will be added to the package
✧ Rules and Guidelines ✧
- Must be following this blog : ostealjewelry.tumblr.com
- Please tag your post with #ostealjewelry
- Likes are great by only Reblogs count as an entry.
- You may reblog as many times as you like - within reason.
- Must be an actual blog not just a ‘giveaway’ blog
- Must be 18+
- This is a WORLDWIDE giveaway
Be sure to check out www.ostealjewelry.com
✧ Winner ✧
The winner will be chosen at random, using an online generator.
Once the winner is chosen, I will send you an ask on tumblr notifying you. Make sure your ask box is open, or I will chose another winner.
✧ End Date ✧
August 1st, 2014
✧ Disclaimer ✧
This giveaway is in no way associated with Tumblr (including, without limitation, that it isn’t administered, sponsored, or endorsed by Tumblr).
I’ve been mad as hell about the Hobby Lobby ruling from SCOTUS and wondered what I could do other than bitch on social media about it. Thanks to friends at SCA, there’s a campaign now for angry crafters.
Tweet your brick at SCA @seculardotorg on Twitter. Find the Facebook event here.
Knitting: For thin yarn, use size 8 needles. For thick, use size 11. Cast on 30 stitches for thin or 20 for thick. Knit 25 rows for thin or 18 for thick. Cast off and bind off, take a picture and mail. ;)
Crochet: Use an I hook, chain 25, then double crochet across for six rows. Your mileage may vary based on the weight of your yarn.
Campaign runs from July 2 - July 18!
Reblobbing for my crafter friends. Considering how behind I am on my own projects, I don’t know if I’ll get around to making this.
Joan Jett’s jacket. Notice the pins.
"keep abortion legal"
"If she says no, it’s rape"
"Pro fucking choice"
This jacket is from about thirty years ago. These issues were big then. Thirty years later, these issues are still present. I was amazed to find these pins on the jacket, and realize this, because I would have thought, back then, if I was alive, that those issues would be solved by NOW.
But they aren’t. Joan Jett knew what was up.
Why can’t we take a minute and soak in her “bad reputation” and think about how in thirty years, abortion and rape culture STILL are huge issues.
Photos courtesy of EMP museum in Seattle, Washington.